Published on August 6th, 2012 | by thetoolsman19
TNC is TWO
Two years ago, a young man, quite like most of you reading had a dream, a simple, but challenging dream to create a community where young people from different backgrounds, cultures and beliefs and could come together to share their different opinions and express themselves freely on all kinds of subjects and in every kind of way without being mocked or judged. That dream gave birth to Thetoolsman’s Blog which later became The Naked Convos.
Two years on, it’s amazing to see what that simple dream has grown into. The Naked Convos, a community of over 1000 consistent members who have contributed to 550 articles with over 40,000 comments; 5 successful offline events, local and international award nominations and most importantly, direct positive impact in the lives of it’s community members.
On August 5th 2012, The Naked Convos turned 2 and words can’t express how thankful we are to everyone who has contributed to making this dream a reality.
Over the last week, you must have seen our HAVE YOU HEARD campaign and you must have been wondering what it is all about. Change, they say is the only constant thing in life; after two years of building this community, we have decided to introduce some slight changes that will help us grow even more as we march towards achieving our set objectives.
1. Today marks the launch of our alternate domain name www.tncng.com. Our current domain www.thenakedconvos.com will still remain active. However, when you navigate to it, you will be redirected to the new domain. This decision is to allow us move away from a stereotype even as we continue to diversify our content.
2. We have modified our logo - albeit slightly. Our primary brand identity has been tilted a little bit as some of you may have noticed today.
3. We have introduced a position statement – WWW.TNCNG.COM – EXPRESS YOU. This statement stems from our primary objective which is to create a platform for self expression, entertainment and education.
4. We have modified our website. We have engaged some of the best hands in the web design industry and based on their research, we have modified our website design to allow for optimal access for our readers.
5. We will introduce a weekly newsletter. We understand that some of you get too caught up with life and work during the week and can’t keep up with all that’s going on on the site. As a result, we will be introducing a weekly newsletter that summarizes what has been happening on the site.
6. We will be introducing new sections. Last year we decided to experiment with other forms of media. With the impressive response we got from the premiere edition of our TNT podcast and other web series, we are more than excited and inspired to forge ahead. To effectively grow our community, we have to present content as diversified as possible; as a result, we will be introducing some new sections. In addition, keep an eye out for the slew of specials we have planned for the rest of the year.
7. We will be introducing a new set of offline engagement points. Some of these will be in form of events as well as other ‘experimental’ initiatives and we hope to cover locations outside Lagos and even Nigeria.
It has been an incredible journey so far and I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am about the future of TNC. Allow me to say a HUGE thank you to members of the TNC family who work tirelessly behind the scenes to make things happen.
In the usual TNC fashion, we have a little something planned to celebrate this year’s anniversary. Expect a post with details at 12 Noon today. Thank you once again and remember, whatever you do, EXPRESS YOU.